- This event has passed.
European Congress of Radiology 2018
February 28, 2018 - March 4, 2018
Austria Center, Vienna
There is a dedicated Forensic Imaging session including talks by two IAFR committee members and previous guests at IAFR study days:
Chairpersons‘ introduction (5′)
J. McNulty; Dublin/IE
1. To provide insights into the role of imaging, and radiographers, in forensic imaging and mass fatality incidents.
2. To appreciate the key aspects of a quality forensic imaging service.
3. To understand the challenges associated with forensic imaging.
A. Disaster victim identification (23′)
J. Kroll; Maastricht/NL
1. To appreciate the role of forensic radiology in a disaster victim identification process.
2. To learn about the methods using forensic radiology in a disaster victim identification process.
3. To discuss added value of forensic radiology in a disaster victim identification process.
B. The role of CT angiography in forensic imaging (23′)
A. Dominguez; Lausanne/CH
1. To learn about the development of multiphase post-mortem CT angiography (MPMCTA).
2. To appreciate the benefits and limitations of MPMCTA examinations.
3. To understand the role of the radiographer in the MPMCTA.
C. The importance of the radiographer‘s role in forensic imaging (23′)
A. Brookes; London/UK
1. To appreciate the role of the radiographer in forensic imaging.
2. To learn about the importance of continuity of evidence and record keeping.
3. To discuss the various situations a radiographer can be exposed to during forensic imaging.